About this catablog:

LAR.comBE's Wine Catablog is a place to capture the wines I've tasted. It's mainly self-serving to help remember what wines I've bought and liked in the past, and what is currently sitting in my collection. If you've enjoyed any of the wines listed I encourage you to share your experience in the comments. Trying to find something? Use the TAGS on the left, or the new Search function. NEW! Rating system has been added (See page footer)

Search catablog

Wednesday 26 November 2014

2013 Normans Holbrooks Road Sauvignon Blanc

Purchase: $4.99 (2-4-1) from GetWinesDirect

Nose: TBA

Palate: TBA

Out of 10: 8

Value: Excellent 

1 comment:

  1. Kiwi Sav Blancs are awful. That chemical taste (unique to Sav Blanc)that many see as "floral aromas" I see as cheap wine with a dash of acetone (actually "methoxypyrazines"). This Kiwi awfulness had steered me away from this variety for a long time.

    Then I tried an Aussie warm climate Sav Blanc. Amazing what a difference a bit of Aussie warmth can make!! Suddenly this variety begins to shine - with those heavy aromatics becoming much more subtle.

    The Normans Holbrooks Road is as good as any of the warmer climate Sav Blancs and better than most at this price. Ridiculous value. Double thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete