About this catablog:

LAR.comBE's Wine Catablog is a place to capture the wines I've tasted. It's mainly self-serving to help remember what wines I've bought and liked in the past, and what is currently sitting in my collection. If you've enjoyed any of the wines listed I encourage you to share your experience in the comments. Trying to find something? Use the TAGS on the left, or the new Search function. NEW! Rating system has been added (See page footer)

Search catablog

Tuesday 25 November 2014

2013 Sacred Tree Masterpiece Shiraz




Purchase: $10.99 from Crackawines

Nose: A promising fruity sweetness.

Palate: A peppery bite, which turns quite bitter and savoury. Drinkable, but not enjoyable. Sour finish. Too much stem in the crush maybe?

Out of 10: 3

Value: OK

1 comment:

  1. I expected so much of this wine. It read so well. It's called "Masterpiece". So how could it be so baaaad? Maybe I just opened a dud bottle. Tried another. Also baaaad. Spoke to friends who shared in the carton that we'd purchased. All baaaad.

    It has a deceptively sweet nose despite tasting more savoury. But these are quickly forgotten when the sour/bitter finish hits you. I tried multiple times but I'm sorry - that nasty finish completely put me off. It went down the sink. :(

    ReplyDelete