About this catablog:

LAR.comBE's Wine Catablog is a place to capture the wines I've tasted. It's mainly self-serving to help remember what wines I've bought and liked in the past, and what is currently sitting in my collection. If you've enjoyed any of the wines listed I encourage you to share your experience in the comments. Trying to find something? Use the TAGS on the left, or the new Search function. NEW! Rating system has been added (See page footer)

Search catablog

Wednesday 3 December 2014

2006 Stoney Broke Hunter Valley Chardonnay



Purchase: $11.50 from Crackawines

Nose: Fruit salad and light oak

Palate: Good balance of acid and sweetness with long finish

Out of 10: 8

Value: Excellent


1 comment:

  1. Wow. What more can I say? This one was billed as an "old school" chardonnay and that immediately caught my attention. And from 2006 - an 8 year old white? Sign me up!

    Seems Chardies have gone all girlie on us lately. Maybe in an attempt to get back some of the people who have gone to the dark side (sav blanc).

    So this one is 8 years old and made in the old full bodied style. Not very fashionable at all. AND I LIKE IT LIKE THAT! Rich and buttery. Wonderful nose and it just gets better from there. Smooth and full flavoured. No rough edges. And showing no signs of suffering from its age at all.

    My favourite white of the year and likely to stay that way.

    ReplyDelete